the Eccentric Art of Gray’Owl
Tony Gray’Owl is an eccentric artist of spiritual inspiration
Just below is a picture of the tools that he hand makes to create his unique art work that many spectacular Lessons are Illustrated and taught with
His most prized possession is his antique Raw Diamond point set in an Iron stylus, it was hand made several hundred years ago by an unknown craftsman.
The story of how it came into his hands is fascinating, it will be told later in this story. The rest of these tools he uses to create his work he hand makes himself to achieve the various techniques and finishes he exquisitely creates with extreme care with gentlest of touch on the face of the stone tablets.
- Front left is the 24 carat gold tipped pen GrayOwl writes in the BOOK of LIFE with. Center is the Buck horn handled industrial diamond bit that he made himself to do various finishes on the stones with, and his most prized possession the antique raw diamond point set in an iron stylus that he uses to teach upon the stone tablets as he tells his stories of life.
example of his art
- My Spirit Soars with the Eagles We are ONE with ALL / out of the blackest of darkness bursts the LIGHT
a little closer so as to see the incredible detail and smoothness of the finishes upon the stone
- can you imagine how this is accompished with a raw diamond tens of thousands of single exacting touches and strokes upon the face of the stones
a little closer
- incredible details one single stroke miss placed and ouch cannot change it every line must be perfection, as the black polished finish of the granite cannot be put back once removed thats it.
as close as I can get isn’t it incredible, nothing, nothing but the diamond and the stone, no paint, no pen, no pencil, no pigments, nothing just the diamond in his hand and the face of the stone.
- even with this picture you cannot imagine the power these pieces have once you see them in person with your own eyes. first he turns the jet black grey and here is the picture, then he makes the grey turn white. Hes just begun working on the tears.
Try to imagine you doing one of these pieces zero mistakes or the whole thing is ruined, years of work thousands maybe even millions of minute tiny strokes and touches of the diamond against the face of the stone
A Taste of Gray’Owl’s Native American hand made heritage
Beautiful Items of everyday usefulness and sacred ceremony
Native American Indians are world renowned for their hand made items of art and craft.
Tony Gray’Owl is a master of these crafts, as you will see in the many photos to follow.
MY LITTLE STUDIO SHOP WHERE I DO MY WORK
A display of some of my sculptures